Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mates Log 2.18.09



Well, we made it back to Marsh Harbour and we have a four month visa! We spent 2 days in FL running errands and driving down to the Keys to visit Jared and Ruthie, who are now in Marathon at this time living in a large friendly boat community. Ruthie’s mom and a dear friend of hers were down visiting for Ruthie’s birthday. It was wonderful seeing all of them again!

Both Carey and I felt out of it, to some degree. I’m not sure how to explain this but things seemed wrong, odd, or weird. I would call it culture shock. I felt this same way after returning to the states from living in New Zealand years ago. We missed our simple life style, our small footprint on the planet, and our own cooking. Yes, can you believe it, we missed MY cooking! I felt this was a great triumph and one worth noting. We felt as though we were returning home when we landed in Marsh Harbour and getting back to the boat was a joy. How weird is that! It was fun to see the Abaco area from the air.

We had hoped to visit with friends and make lots of phone calls but it's amazing how little time there is in Ft Lauderdale and how fast that time moves! We came back to the hotel room after visiting Jared and Ruthie to find our computer compromised. We have no idea what happened but all our settings were changed, tool bars were missing, and passwords were deleted on some sites. The desktop was rearranged, programs were missing from the start bar, the trash was dumped, and all history was deleted. We ran our antivirus and didn’t find anything so are not sure what happened but we felt violated in some weird way.

We are back in the grind, working on the boat. We plan to paint the bottom this Sat and get back in the water next week. I won’t hold my breath but I think we can do it. Again, I can’t tell you how much I miss being on the water.

The picture was taken today and hopefully you can see how much better SongBird looks. We’re worse for the wear but the boat is great!

Cheers to you all! Carey and Lisa

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Such a great trip thus far!!! Keep having a wonderful time and keep us posted(me envious;) /chris Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad... you got a tatoo?!?!?!?
    WTF!?!

    I think there are rules against you using "tat" as a word... it falls in the same category as "buggin", "homie", "bangin", "lol", "omg", "tweakin", "trippin" (and those DON'T mean the same as they did in the 60's), "boo", "off the box", etc.

    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, I tried to ignore the Tat picture. I was hoping it was a hypothetical "If he got a tattoo then this is what it would look like image." As long as I don't see a photo with a nose ring or an earring that stretches out his earlobes so that you can put a Quarter in them, I think I'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete